As people come to your website for information, or looking for a solution to a problem, your website must be easy to navigate through, and look professional to make that first impression for people coming to your website, here 5 important keys to website design.
- Avoid using intro pages: When people come to your website, you want to make it easy for them to access, by using an intro page for them to click again to access your website, makes it more easier for the person to exit your website, because they arrived at a page that didn't relate to what they were looking for. Intro pages normally have a very beautiful image with words like "welcome" or "click here to enter". In fact, they are just that. With no real purpose, do not let your visitors have a reason to click on the "back" button! Give them the value of your site up front without the intro page.
- Using too many advertisements: When they arrive at your website, and see banner after banner, and advertisement popup, and other advertisement gimmicks out there. You will lose your potential customer, and in most cases happen to everyone that comes to your website. People are automatically trained to ignore banner, or popup, in most cases, and think that what they were looking for in the first place isn't here, instead, provide more valuable content and add relevant affiliate links into your content, and let your visitors feel that they want to buy instead of being pushed to buy.
- Easy Navigation: Your website needs to be so easy to use that even a young child should know how to use it. Stay away from complicated Flash based menus or multi-tiered dropdown menus. If your visitors don't know how to navigate, they will leave your site. Keep it simple throughout your website. Don't make hard for people to find what they are looking for; buy spending 10 minutes looking for link that take them to the information.
- Track your visitors: An important part of your website is to track where the people have come from, to click to your website, and where they spend their most time. A great tool to do this is called Google analytics, and it will track every last detail of where people are spending the most time at your website, and where the website traffic is coming from, this is a very important key to website design. every online website uses the best tracking tool in world, which is Google analytics tool, and best part about using this great tool, is that it's FREE to use on as many websites as you like.
- Killer Content: To have people come back to your website, you have to provide valuable free content, that people will love reading and get something out of what you have to offer, building relationships with people come down to great content, so they love your content, and keep coming back to your website for more content day after day, and trusting you in the long run.
So there you have 5 important keys to Website Design, if you follow these 5 tips, then you will have visitors for a long time coming.
By Daniel Howard
Want to learn more? Daniel Howard is a Web Designer, & Internet Marketer visit http://www.overcomemarketing.com to learn more secrets, tips, and see what all the fuss is about...