The new version of SnipsManager is available for download. We fixed some bugs and added a few more features:
- Fixed the text wrapping bug in snippets containing long strings of text without spaces.
- Improved snippet submission summary page, parse.php.
- Added a Use CAPTCHA checkbox to the snippet submission page to display a CAPTCHA image before displaying the snippet. Useful for snippets that you don’t want indexed by search engines.
- Added URL shortening. Now snippet links are example.com/123 instead of example.com/show.php?id=123.
- Added a few more functions for those of you integrating SnipsManager with other scripts:
ch_getcodetitle: Get a snippets title.
ch_codeexists: Checks if the supplied snippet ID exists in the codes table.
ch_getcodepassword: Returns a snippet’s password.
ch_getcodecaptcha: Checks if the code should ask for CAPTCHA.
ch_getcodetype: Returns a snippet’s programming language/script ID.
We also posted two new how-to articles to the knowledgebase: